Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 2
The Bite Me 2 is a beautiful 46-foot Hatteras and is the largest boat in the Bite Me Sportfishing fleet. This Big Island sportfishing adventure is perfect if you are looking for private charter. Departing from Honokohau Harbor, located just north of Kailua-Kona, you're minutes away from "Grander Alley," one of the best big game fishing locations in the world. Target the trophy fish you have always wanted to catch, such as a blue marlin, spearfish, or yellowfin tuna.
Voted "Best of West Hawaii" for years, Bite Me Sportfishing's professional captains and crew provide expert experience and state-of-the-art big game fishing equipment to ensure you have a great time.
Bite Me 2 Vessel Facts:
- 46-foot Hatteras
- Comfortable covered air-conditioned cabin
- Leather couches
- TV, VCR, DVD, video games
- Rail mounted digital video recorder
- Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Clean restroom with showers
- Large tuna tower for locating fish
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Bite Me Sportfishing in Kona
Kona Big Game Fishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina.
Take that road lined with palm trees and go Right at your second opportunity. This will place you at the most INLAND part of the marina. Park on the dirt by the water. You'll see a sign for the Bite Me 2 over a walking ramp that will take you from the parking lot to the water. At the bottom of the ramp stick to your right and five slips up will be the Bite Me 2 with the red hull.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- The Bite Me 2 is a 46-foot Hatteras featuring two 550hp Detroit Diesel engines and a large tuna tower for locating fish.