Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 6
This Big Island fishing tour is currently unavailable for booking on our site. Please visit our Big Island Fishing Tours page for other
Looking for a private fishing charter in Kona? The Bite Me 6 is a sleek 41-foot Hatteras. On this Big Island sportfishing tour, it's just you and your family members or friends on the boat. Departing from Honokohau Harbor just north of Kailua-Kona, you're just minutes away from "Grander Alley," a prive big game fishing location on the Kona Coast. Fish you can catch here include blue marlin, yellowfin tuna, spearfish and mahi mahi.
Bite Me 6 Vessel Facts:
- 41-foot Hatteras
- Covered, air-conditioned cabin
- Leather couches
- Shaded top deck
- Teak deck and tinted windows
- Microwave and coffee maker
- Rail-mounted digital video recorder
- Clean restrooms
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Four – 130s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reel
- One – 80
- Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Full Size Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes to keep bait fresh and lively
Kona Big Game Fishing
Hauling in a Big One
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day, or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Follow this paved road arterial until you are either going to drive off of the pavement towards the marina waters or the paved road will start taking you away from the ocean. Drive off the pavement onto the dirt towards the marina waters and go Right. You'll see a red sign for the Bite Me 6. Park on the dirt without blocking any gates.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- The Bite Me 6 is a 41-foot Hatteras with two 450 hp Cummins diesel engines.