Bite Me Sportfishing - Kila Kila Luxury Vessel
Looking for a luxury sportfishing charter on the Big Island’s Kona Coast? The Kila Kila is a spectacular 53-foot Merritt. Not only does the vessel have amazing features, but an enviable history as well, such as the record of the largest bluefin tuna ever caught in the Bahamas. The Kila Kila also had significant Hawaii tournament wins.Kila Kila Vessel Facts:
The Kila Kila boasts two state rooms with bathrooms and a full galley kitchen with a spacious couch area. Other features include an air-conditioning system, TV, and Koa wood throughout. For full-day trips a delicious seafood platter with unique styles of poke and peel & eat shrimp is included!
The Kila Kila departs from Honokohau Harbor, the closest destination to "Grander Alley," the best fishing spot on the Kona Coast. Make the most of your Hawaii big game fishing adventure and treat yourself to comfort and luxury on board the Kila Kila.
- 53-foot Merritt
- Dual Cummins 903 TI diesel engines at 500 horsepower each
- Furuno 48 mile radar
- Northstar GPS with plotter
- Luxury interiors – koa wood throughout
- Full galley kitchen with double door refrigerator and full couch area
- Two state rooms with bathrooms
- Tuna tower
- 6 pak with 5 lines of trolling
Kila Kila Luxury Vessel
Kona Sportfishing Adventure
- Where and When:
- Honokohau Marina - 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity.
Follow this paved road arterial past the dry dock, past the gas pumps and to the end of the parking lot where you're forced to turn left. This will take you to the far boat ramp. You'll see a big red sign for Bite Me 1 which is in the first slip on the mountain side of this boat ramp (right next to Medusa).
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store.
The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 4 hour, 6 hour or 8 hour charters
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- The Kila Kila is a 53-foot Merritt featuring dual Cummins 903 TI diesel engines at 500 horsepower each.