Located just a short drive north of Kailua-Kona at Honokohau Harbor, Intrepid Sportfishing offers private half day, three-quarter day, full day and overnight sportfishing charters. Their big game fishing tour is suitable for anglers of all skill levels – from novice to expert.
Unlike many other sportfishing destinations around the world where it may take an hour or more to reach the fishing grounds, the Big Island’s beautiful Kona Coast offers the chance to hook into monster fish within minutes of leaving Honokohau Harbor. Known as "Grander Alley," this area is the hunting ground for predator fish that big game fishermen prize: blue marlin, spearfish, swordfish, yellowfin tuna, mahi mahi and wahoo. So come enjoy Hawaii's most productive deep sea fishing area!
Intrepid Vessel Facts:
- 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher
- Comfortable, clean and well-maintained
- Air-conditioned salon
- Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with matching custom rods
- Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
- Custom tournament fighting chair
- Available for all major fishing tournaments
- One of only three Kona charter boats awarded with the U.S. Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification
- Deep cockpit is safe for small children
- Taxidermy services available
- Snorkel gear
- Take home a digital color photo of your catch
Deep Sea Fishing
Big Island Fishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, Kona. View Map
Departure is around 5:30 am. The exact time will be emailed to you.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Each guest can keep 100% of their own catch.
The friendly, patient crew enjoys working with children and loves introducing them to the thrill of deep sea sportfishing. Bring the kids along for a great day of family fun on the water.
- Operation Days:
- 4.5 hour, 6 hour and 9 hour tours
3 day charters available as well
- Intrepid Sportfishing Kona Coast
- The Intrepid is a 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher and is certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to carry six passengers. The vessel is air-conditioned and has both bridge and salon seating which can comfortably accommodate six adults. The Intrepid is equipped with a freshwater shower, a restroom and two private staterooms.